Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Moving Along

After seeing the full results for the race on the weekend, as it turns out, I actually did quite a bit better than I thought I had. I was at the front of the race the whole time and didn't even notice the field shrinking substantially, but apparently about 30 people got dropped and I ended up finishing 32nd of 62 even with the mishap in the last kilometer. I also read on the state cycling forum that one of the guys that went down at the sprint for the line broke his collarbone. Yikes. I think I'll jump up to the next category for the next, and probably last, race before heading home which is a bit intimidating as last weekend the next category up(3) was grouped with 2's,1's and pro's. Hopefully Derek will come out for a tear, though, and I won't feel quite so intimidated by the 60 rider field filled with teams of 5 or 6 who are quite a bit further along in their training than I am.

This being my fourth and final week of my second base riding portion of the year, I get to enjoy a big cut in hours and have a rest week. I'm really excited to see how effective working rest into training is as I've never really properly paid attention to recovery even though it holds probably as much importance as riding itself. It's kind of funny, though, as I'm itching to do long rides again already and it's only Tuesday. What else is there to do? Even during weeks with long hours I find myself sitting at home bored a lot of the time, and now that my hours are pretty much cut in half the boredom is twice as bad. I never seem to get sick of watching the recorded Tour of California and Tour Down Under programs that I have, so they help, but I need a hobby or something. Maybe I'll pick up a model car or go play with the turtles in the lake out front.

I suppose I'll kill some more time and post some pictures up of where I'm living.



























No comments:

Post a Comment