O ya, I got a new ride alright. Marv came through and lent me his 10 yr old sons old beaten up ride. I can't imagine what the people in the billion dollar neighborhoods I rode through today thought of me as I cruised down the road on this old kids bike singing Beyonce and wearing these rediculously short shorts as all of my clothes are still wet from washing them this morning. Having my weiner fall out from time to time probably didn't help my cause.
I decided to take a, what I think is a well deserved, day off today after putting in 8 hours of riding over the course of Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday, however, the wind warning definitely put a damper on my ride and had me more angry than I've been in a long time. I'm not an angry person but wind pisses me off like nothing else. Everytime I got a decent spin going I'd be jerked by the wind throwing me off. I figure, though, that it'll only make me stronger. Some people have mountains to climb, I have 60km/h winds to pedal through.
After the ride I figured I'd unwind and have some Stevie time, so I bought a big burrito, a few cookies and relaxed while watching The Notebook.
I also recently found out that I have the VS. channel which features a lot of the big races and has a bunch of cycling related stuff to offer. I used this fancy digital cable feature to record a Tour Down Under recap show and a Tour of Cali preview and have been watching those quite a bit which has me wired to ride and I can't wait to get to my first race on the 21st. Good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment