So I've encountered a bit of a pickle here in Texas as the person who was supposed to be coming to stay with me, and had also planned on sharing all expenses, is now staying home. I've been super stressed in trying to organize a ride, registration and accomodations to a race this weekend and now I've received this news. I'm sort of all over the road on what I'm going to do at the moment. I really can't afford to stay where I am on my own and have been seriously considering packing up my shit and heading to Austin to camp for the remainder of my time here as this would be a much cheaper alternative and the riding there is said to be unbelievable. This change in terrain, I think, would be great as I've gotten close to 1500 slow kms in so far and I would love to have a few hills to ride when I get up to about 2000 and Frisco has absolutely nothing in the way of hills.
This being said, though, I've been loving where I am lately. I now know a number of decent spots to ride and I've developed a routine which I've grown to love. I wake up, eat some oatmeal and sip on coffee while watching the tour of cali recap show, ride all day and come home to cook up a feed and drink more coffee while watching seinfeld or the latest stage of the tour. This is such a simple way of living but with all of the stresses of school, numerous jobs and a consistently empty bank account over the past few years, the simplicity of living like this has been much needed and I hate the fact that worries have found me again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment